JOB TITLE: Corporate Safety Manager
REPORTS TO: Corporate Safety Director
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DATE POSTED: 2019-10-25
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Corporate Safety Director, the site safety manager will be responsible for the following:
- Compiles and keeps all required jobsite safety records, safety manuals, SDS and accident forms that are required by contract, insurance companies and relevant governing agencies.
- Conducts regular on-site inspections of construction projects and active manufacturing facilities.
- Observes workplace conditions and makes necessary recommendation for corrective actions regarding health and safety.
- Submits daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Oversees and works with regional area superintendents and managers to record weekly job site safety meetings. Attends to give feedback and presentations.
- Reviews and investigates accidents, incidents or serious injuries occurring and notify the Corporate Safety Director and management of pertinent details.
- Carefully analyze reports from accident investigations to ascertain causes.
- Reviews and discusses insurance inspectors’ periodic reports.
- Reviews and recommends continued training of employees in safe and efficient work methods.
- Assists Benson’s employees to understand OSHA regulations and standards, including guidance on handling OSHA compliance, inspections, and citations.
- Coordinates with Safety Director and safety personnel as it pertains to worker’s compensation and other safety issues. Communicate and manage claims with corporate safety personnel with focus on early Return to Work efforts.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs.
- Guides and assists project personnel to ascertain critical safety issues and health problems.
- Works with trade unions and construction managers to promote goals and objectives in the health and safety area that affect the company’s business.
- Assesses new developments in the health and safety field that may have application to the company’s operations and make recommendations to the Corporate Safety Director.
- Keeps apprised of developments in federal, state and city safety laws likely to affect the company.
- Works with the Project Manager and Corporate Safety Director to protect Benson Industries Inc interests as it relates to safety.
- Other duties as assigned related to safety and worker’s compensation.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related topic preferred. (Specific experience may be substituted)
- Current OHSA 30 Construction and OSHA 510 certificates.
- Working knowledge of life-safety codes, OSHA and other regulatory agencies. Prior experience working on high-rise buildings as a Safety Manager or Consultant.
- Experienced with MS Office programs.
- Position requires maturity, confidentiality, and the ability to interface with various departments and individuals. Must be flexible and able to work independently or as part of a team, as workflows dictate. Ability to develop procedures and training tools for increased efficiency.
Monday through Friday
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.