JOB TITLE: Glass Shop Project Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
LOCATION: Kent, WA
DATE POSTED: 2019-11-06
The project manager is responsible for overall project performance, coordinating with the other members of the project team and the company at large for the timely and optimal utilization of resources assigned to the project. Works to ensure that project is completed within the established time frame and maximize budgetary parameters.
Assists in planning and coordinating system for design and implementation of projects. Such projects may involve the development of new data processing applications systems or the substantial modification of existing systems. Projects may also involve basic changes in methods and techniques employed. This position provides technical coordination and review with the project teams, but not direct administrative supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project contract to determine most appropriate procedures, prepares budget projections and requirements.
- Establishes schedule for implementation for project team.
- Maintains close liaison with management team so the concepts and goals of the project are achieved, providing good technical guidance as needed.
- Monitors activities to ensure compliance with any government regulations that may apply.
- Responsible for activities and the results of those activities specifically assigned and agreed upon.
- Completes assigned projects in a timely manner, within project resources.
- Ensures good coordination and effective project integration with existing systems.
- Secures approvals on specifications and project completion as appropriate.
- Keeps management informed of project progress and problems, particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources, production, or installation.
- Prepares periodic progress reports, estimates, and re-estimates, including productivity analysis for the President, Operations and Accounting.
- Responds to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Maintains appropriate expertise to ensure effective, solution-oriented service level.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
Education: College education and/or related business experience preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years’ work experience in Project Management; preferably in the construction field.
- Microsoft Office skills as well as experience in AutoCAD.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to deal with customers.
- Organizational skills, follow-up, and efficiency skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, remaining flexible and solution oriented.
- Prefer knowledge of PartnerPak estimating software for Kawneer.
- Knowledge of Kawneer/storefront products including training in basics of storefront framing and entrances.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time, Monday-Friday in the office or on-site.
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.