JOB TITLE: BIM Technician
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2018-09-21
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and edit Revit Projects and Families in response to project needs and requests while adhering to a defined BIM Execution Plan and/or Guidelines.
- Interpret Architectural Revit models and output 2D and 3D Views for use by engineers, sales and presentations.
- Create and/or Edit parametric wireframes and families based on Architectural designs.
- Create Families in Revit that allow modification of parameters to meet various changes in design.
- Implement and edit parameters to new or existing Revit Families that allow repeated data extraction and scheduling from a 3D Model, including, but not limited to; dimensional, angular, material, positional, pricing, and timeline data.
- Assist with Interoperability requests (Import/Export/Printing), to and from several engineering, modeling, and CAD formats including; AutoCAD, 3D Studio, .SAT, Rhino, Inventor, etc.
- Produce models for specific projects as directed by Management.
- Assists project teams, sales and estimating in BIM project setup.
- Supports other production work in AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following
Education: Two year technical training or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Structural engineering, architecture, and/or construction experience preferred. Prior year’s production experience in design, drafting or engineering as a BIM modeler.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Revit 2013-2017, AutoCAD 2018, Inventor 2018, and knowledge of MS Office required.
Knowledge in Navisworks, General 3D Model/CAD Interoperability, Dynamo or Visual Scripting a plus.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of structural engineering, construction principles, procedures, excellent communication skills, math, and geometry aptitude are a must.
Must have general working knowledge of current BIM versions and LOD with emphasis on Project Sheet setup.
Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time in office, Monday-Friday. Overtime may be required.
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.