JOB TITLE: Curtainwall Thermal Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2018-09-21
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and generates custom thermal analysis reports for the purpose determining the thermal performance of the Curtainwall design.
- Produces and revises shop drawings, fabrication drawings, plans, elevations, details, and sections with guidance from Job Captains and senior detailers as time permits.
- Makes design recommendations to designers for thermal improvements
- Reviews current thermal analysis software and makes recommendations to management regarding upgrades and future needs.
- Occasional printing/filing as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following
Education: 4 year College degree required with emphasis in Mechanical Engineering.
Experience: Minimum one year work experience in thermal analysis, preferably two or more.
Computer Skills: Proficient in AutoCAD 2018, MS Office, Therm.
Certifications & Licenses: LEED
Other Requirements: Ability to analyze and communicate information on shop drawings.
Requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with different personalities.
Strong mathematical skills required, trigonometry preferred.
Detail oriented, accurate, and experience in writing data-generated reports.
Ability to learn new thermal software in a fast-paced environment.
Previous exposure with Computational Fluid Dynamic a plus.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time in office, Monday-Friday. Overtime may be required.
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to, email@example.com
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.