JOB TITLE: Engineering Job Captain
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2018-09-21
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces and supervises the production of miscellaneous shop, fabrication and embed drawings, and delegate’s workload to junior staff.
- Checks shop and fabrication drawings and verifies accuracy and conformance with contract documents.
- Coordinates and supervises shop drawing submittals to meet schedule requirements.
- Coordinates and supervises material releases to meet schedule requirements.
- Provides liaison with outside engineering sources and verifies all areas requiring calculations are reviewed.
- Coordinates Benson’s work with other trades (i.e., precast, structural, window washing, skylights, interior finish, mechanical).
- Coordinates shop drawings with structural calculations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following
Education: College education and degree in engineering or architecture preferred.
Experience: 5 years Structural Engineering, Architecture, and/or construction experience required.
Computer Skills: Proficient in AutoCAD 2018, Inventor, and knowledge of MS Office required.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of structural engineering, construction principles, procedures, excellent communication skills, and math aptitude are a must.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time in office, Monday-Friday. Overtime may be required.
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to, online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.