JOB TITLE: Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2021-12-10
MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at www.mii.com.
Operates switchboard system to relay incoming and interoffice calls. Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs them to the proper person and/or offices.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Receives, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail from U.S. Post Office and other courier services.
- Prepares outgoing overnight courier packages for daily afternoon pickup.
- Manages and tracks employee parking passes.
- Orders office supplies.
- Primary contact to property management with any issues affecting the office or employees.
- Assists with scheduling, setup and breakdown of main conference room for meetings as requested.
- Provides backup support to Accounting, Administration and Engineering staff as required.
- Cross trains and backup for company cell phone users.
- Daily sorting of accounts payable mail.
- Filing of paid invoices daily/weekly.
- Matching of yellow check copies to invoices after main check run on Friday.
- Backup to Business Development to process and maintain insurance contracts on job projects, company automobiles, equipment, etc.
- Assists with kitchen duties. Kitchen is to be cleaned daily, weekly, and monthly as detailed in Reception Duties. Responsible for ordering kitchen supplies.
- Responsible for ordering office furniture as needed.
- Coordinates and implements office renovations or remodels as needed.
- Organizes Project Manager supplies area and kitchen closet weekly.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Preferably 3+ years in responsible Administrative or related position.
Experienced MS Office user.
Must have strong writing, technical and organizational skills. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to employees on all levels. Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment when needed.
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.