JOB TITLE: Estimating Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Business Development
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2019-07-02
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision and training of the Estimators and other support staff that report to the Estimating Manager
- Supervise and assign the preparation of the estimates to the estimating team.
- Coordinate with the design department personnel to insure the estimate and proposal addresses the intended scope of work as specified and outlined in the bid instructions.
- Review all bid instructions, plans, specifications, schedules and contract information provided with the bid documents to insure a complete proposal. Review same with the estimating team assigned to the project.
- Assist the VP of Business Development to evaluate the constructability and opportunity to provide adequate services for selected sales projects. Provide information to substantiate a commitment to proceed or not to proceed with the project
- Develop relationships with key subcontractors, material suppliers and other consultants necessary for the preparation of estimates and the success of the sale.
- Insure the collection of adequate material quotations and review all quotations for accurate application and use in the cost estimate.
- Oversee document control and preparation of Benson estimating forms including research and evaluation of applicable software and new technology.
- Coordinate with the management in our regional business offices, assembly plants, and accounting to obtain information relative to the preparation of the estimates, local labor availability and any other important information that is related to the cost of performing the works and the evaluation of the sales opportunity.
- Prepare preconstruction budget and final proposals, Review with the VP of Business Development and Regional Sales Managers prior to submittal.
- Coordinate with project management and accounting department with estimates, contract information, and documents necessary to set up the job cost program.
- Organize estimating kick-off meetings to outline the project scope, cost and schedule information with the President, operations, engineering, project management and accounting.
- Provide assistance with preparation of change order pricing during the course of the project when required.
- Make recommendations for material suppliers or sub-subcontractors that have been selected or reviewed during the bidding stage. Review the subcontract and/or purchase order agreements if requested by management.
- Assist the Vice President of Business Development in the review of the final subcontract agreement, prior to signing, to insure that the subcontract agreement matches the commitments outlined in our proposal and any subsequent agreements either verbal or in writing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- College degree and/or related business experience and knowledge preferred.
- Prior experience managing estimating staffs, preparing proposal and estimates on deadline.
- Experience with glass and glazing especially unitized curtainwall strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Familiarity with Building Connected and Auto CAD
- Ability to comprehend and communicate information on blue prints.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- High level math skills a must.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time, Monday-Friday
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.