JOB TITLE: Detailer II
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2019-02-20
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates shop drawings with architectural drawings, structural drawings and specifications.
- Occasionally serves as liaison with engineering consultant.
- Compares shop drawings with structural calculations.
- Coordinates embed drawings, shop drawings, and calculations.
- Develops details at non-typical areas based on existing details.
- Oversees production of shop drawings with input of Job Captain.
- Verifies shop drawings conform with actual contract documents and proposal drawings.
- Keeps Job Captain informed of any discrepancies in drawings, specifications, or requirements as stated in contract documents.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- College degree and/or related business experience and knowledge required.
- Engineering, architecture, and/or construction work experience preferred, with working knowledge of construction principles and procedures.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2018 and MS Office.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate information on blue prints.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- High-level math skills a must, trigonometry preferred.
- Effective personnel interaction and communication skills to deal effectively with Job Captains and Management.
Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume via email to online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.