JOB TITLE: Human Resources and Administration Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Operations Manager
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2020-12-17
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Assist with incoming calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements as requested.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Prepare agendas and plan, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, and other meetings.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
- Provide clerical support to other departments.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required. Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required. This includes but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the workstation ready to work at the start of the shift.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- College education and/or related field and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- In-dept understanding of entire MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in Administration or HR preferably in the Construction field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with ADP and Workday, a plus.
- Effective personnel interaction and communication skills to deal effectively with the public and management.
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with customers.
- Organizational skills, follow-up, and efficiency skills required.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities, remaining flexible and solution oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.