JOB TITLE: Designer (AutoCAD)
REPORTS TO: Director of Design
LOCATION: Portland, OR
DATE POSTED: 2019-11-20
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce & revise plans, elevations, sections & details for tendered.
- Occasionally produces fabrication and tag drawings utilizing information contained in the shop drawings, mainly for mock-ups and prototypes.
- Produce 3D models & renderings.
- Review bid documents for design conformance.
- Provide liaison with structural engineer.
- Aides engineering staff in understanding design concepts for projects.
- Coordinates with Estimating department to provide pricing data.
- Interfaces with suppliers & vendors to confirm feasibility of manufactures for new components.
- Attend design meetings with customers.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Attendance in the office during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
Education: A minimum 2-year degree and/or related business experience and knowledge required.
Experience: At least two years’ work experience as a production drafter in Engineering, architecture, construction or a related field.
Computer Skills: Proficient in AutoCAD 2017 and MS Office.
Other Requirements: Ability to understand architectural and structural drawings. Math skills involving trigonometry are required. Effective personnel interaction and communication skills to deal effectively with Job Captains and Management.
Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by submitting your resume by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.