JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Project Manager and/or Regional Manager
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
DATE POSTED: 2021-08-09
- Under the direction of the Regional Manager California and Project Management team, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following, but are not limited to:
- Enters orders in our business software and communicate project information and customer requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Validate data entered for assigned projects.
- Validate design-ready and approval/change documentation so Engineering group can proceed internally.
- Coordinates communications between Project Manager, Engineering, Sales, and customer when needed.
- Maintains and updates project logs for the various project submissions, information requests, purchase orders, change orders and reports to Project Manager any areas of concern as well as project cost analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Define the problem, gather necessary information, perform root cause analysis, develop corrective action, and seek win-win scenarios (if possible, without the need for Engineering help).
- Solicit input as needed and document any non-conformances for process improvement.
- Communicate schedule, approval and/or permit and install documentation with customers.
- Create and enter parts orders as needed in addition to producing any necessary sketches or BOM’s for reference.
- Visit job sites as needed.
- Coordinates and monitors the status of site deliveries as directed by master scheduler.
- Monitor any punch list requirements to complete and close out projects.
- Responds to issues in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Completes assigned projects efficiently within project resources.
- Performs additional assignments per the Manager’s discretion.
- Attendance in the office/building during normal business hours.
Qualified Candidates Will Possess the Following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in engineering, architecture and/or construction preferred.
- Strong organization and people skills.
- Knowledge of project management practices and terminology.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (familiarity with drawings, able to read, review and navigate).
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, structural drawings, and engineering designs.
- A self-motivated individual who enjoys detailed project work.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work well under pressure, mature and confidential.
- Must have the ability to interface with various departments and individuals, independently or as part of a team, as workflows dictate.
- Ability to develop procedures and tools for increase efficiency.
This position qualifies as a safety-sensitive position. A safety-sensitive position refers to a job in which the employee is responsible for their own or other people’s safety. It also refers to jobs that would be particularly dangerous if performed under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Safety-sensitive positions are often the focus of drug and alcohol testing.
- Typical office environment and occasional visits to job site as needed
Travel is limited, or occasional visits to job site as needed.
Office Hours & Travel:
Full Time, Monday-Friday
Application for Position:
Please indicate your interest by filling out an application online.
Selections will be made based on a combination of skills, knowledge, and abilities. Indicating your interest in this position does not necessarily guarantee that you will be hired.
Benson is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity, M/F Veterans, People with Disabilities, Affirmative Action, and E-Verify employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, tribal affiliation, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, disability status, medical condition, genetics, pregnancy, or any other considerations under federal, state, or local law.